State of the art Yoga Studio and Yoga Teacher Training Facility Spirit of Yoga (SOY) is introducing its “Off The Wall” Yoga Wall Classes. The Yoga Wall uses specialized belts and harnesses that secure into a socket system in the wall. These belts allow for a greater variety of Yoga Postures. In this unique practice, gravity is utilized as a natural form of resistance, which can help students develop strong core muscles.
The BIRTH of Spirit of Yoga’s YOGA WALL:
• Can help improve overall flexibility and mobility in the joints and spine
• Builds strength in both the large and small muscle groups
• Aides access to various muscle groups in poses difficult to achieve on the mat
• Offers therapeutic benefits for injuries, arthritis, degenerative disc disease, & Sciatica
• Can be a training tool to aid competitive athletes in cross-training
• Can help yoga students work through fear and build confidence
• Enables and deepens many postures, inversions, movements and restorative poses
It is said in Yoga, that “you are only as old as your spine.” Thus, as long as you have a healthy and flexible spine, your ability to participate in life is endless! The Yoga Wall allows you to open your the spine in every direction without compression and hang upside down in your yoga practice. Here is just a taste of some “Off The Wall” action!
Spirit of Yoga , located in the Tempe City Center complex at 1420 E. Southern Ave.,Tempe, AZ 85282 also features a beautiful environment to enrich the yoga practice and experience:
• A ceiling-high Japanese torii gate as you enter the yoga studio
• Three large yoga studio spaces for teacher training and classes open to the public
• Unique Hatha Gong Yoga featuring a large gong to deepen and seal poses during yoga
• Amazing views out studio windows of lush, park-like exterior grounds
• A complete supply of yoga equipment and gifts
• Elegant, nature-inspired interior design and tranquil aesthetics
Visit myspiritofyoga.com/info-rates/yoga-wall to read more and see the ‘Off The Wall’ class schedule, which is open to the public.