As a co-sponsor of Celebrate Your Life Conference 2011, Southwest Institute of Healing Arts recognizes an amazing opportunity to gift one person a FULL, ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP – it could be YOU! The catch is – there’s no catch, AND the best part is, you don’t even need to attend Celebrate Your Life to enter! ANYONE can enter the drawing to have a chance at being selected to win a full, online scholarship with SWIHA, allowing you to earn a holistic diploma or degree in the area of your choice! Imagine getting a diploma or degree online, using the same inspirational textbooks as those featured at Celebrate Your Life!
The Arizona Private School Association’s (APSA) 45th Annual Conference was recently held on May 18, 2012 at the Desert Willow Conference Center in Phoenix. Many amazing speakers presented this year. Keynote Speaker KC Miller, Owner Southwest Institute of Healing Arts shared “We All Leave a Teaching Legacy- What Are YOU Teaching?”
The Exciting Announcement SWIHA would like to share is the winners of the Lifetime Learning Scholarship! Congratulations to Kathy Butcher, Daniele Lomahaftewa (who will be starting the Massage Therapy program), as well as Terra Stone (not able to make it to the luncheon).
Each Spring the Arizona Private School Association awards $1,000 Scholarships to every public, private and charter High School in Arizona. The Arizona Private School Association has awarded 150+ scholarships yearly to local High Schools. Scholarships are for graduating students from Arizona and the High School determines the recipients of the Awards. Applications for Scholarships are available through the High School counseling office each Spring. Scholarship deadline is always April 30th. Counselors for additional applications and certificates contact the APSA office at 602-254-5199.
The Arizona Private School Association (APSA) is the oldest and largest association of private postsecondary schools in Arizona, with over 56 member schools, and over 40 Associate Members who provide valuable products and services to the private postsecondary sector. APSA has received national acclaim as the 1997 Outstanding State Association. Since its foundation in 1967, APSA has worked closely with state administrations, the legislature, and its regulatory bodies. Member schools offer general education, two and four-year degrees, and vocational certificate programs to over 230, 000 students in any given year.
SWIHA is blessed to be connected to such a wonderful organization!
The APSA 45th Annual Conference also included informational Breakout Groups:
• Government/ AZ Workforce Development- “Occupational & Employer Demands in Arizona”
Panel discussion to be moderated by Donna Pettigrew, Arizona College of Allied Health
Panel Members: Cynthia Spell-Tweh, Deputy Community & Economic Development Director, City of Phoenix Workforce Connection Division – Rosalyn Boxer, Vice President/Workforce Development, Arizona Commerce Authority, Patrick Burkhart, Assistant Director, Human Service Department, Workforce Development Division
• Regulatory- “Presentation on 90/10 Cash Program” – Daniel Jones, National Program Director, Pearson Workforce Education
• Compliance- “Workforce Skills Reality Check” – Dr. Al Gray, Executive Director, ACICS
• Admissions/Compliance & Disclosures- “Don’t Blink” – this session examines recent regulatory changes that impact school operations – Jamie Morley, Ph.D. and Spring Zutes, Education Consulting Solutions
• Admissions- “Where Have All the Prospects Gone and What Do I Say When I Reach Them?” – Pam T. Jones, Lightpoint Consulting and Training
• Compliance- “ Integrating & Enhancing Management of CDR’s and GE Measurement” – Mary Lyn Hammer, President & CEO, Champion College Services
• Career Services- “Does Your Career Center Speak #Hashtag? How to Leverage Social Media” – Robert Stark, Vice President of Learning Initiatives, MaxKnowledge, Inc.
• Regulatory- Speaker TBD “Washington Update”
• Education- Fred Lockhart
• Retention- Brandyn Bolte “Teaching Skills and Retention”
• Education- Lori Ebert, Ph.D.