According to research and information from beahypnotherapist.com, Hypnotherapy is a proven therapeutic treatment recognized by the AMA and yet, for some, hypnosis carries some unjustified stigmas. Here are five common misconceptions that often scare people away from this truly incredible healing art. 1. “It’s a form of mind control” – This just isn’t the case. No one can be hypnotized against their will and in allowing relaxation and acceptance of the therapy to take place, you are essentially the one in control of your own mind and you can choose to stop it of your own free will at any point. 2. “I will end up doing things I don’t want to do”
Have you signed up yet!? It is less than a week away, and we are excited for the date! Allen Chips, DCH, PhD will be one of the inspiring and knowledgeable speakers at the Mind-Body Wellness Conference this Saturday and Sunday. Here is what he has to say about the event: “I look forward to my participation in the Mind-Body Wellness Conference this year. SWIHA has a wonderful, educated group of staff and faculty who have a genuine desire to serve others, which according to Edgar Cayce is our highest purpose as a soul. The topics I will teach there will cover both transpersonal (life-cycle of the soul) and clinical (Ericksonian) hypnosis.
Why does Hypnosis scare some people? There are many Myths About Hypnosis and these myths are being challenged every day. Even though stage hypnotists and TV shows have damaged the public image of hypnosis, a growing body of scientific research supports its benefits in treating a wide range of conditions, including pain, stress management, depression, anxiety and phobias, as well as behavior modifications! “Hypnosis works and the empirical support is unequivocal in that regard. It really does help people,” says Michael Yapko, PhD, a psychologist and member of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
Bridging the gap between Body, Mind & Spirit, with HYPNOTHERAPY… Launch a career in the Holistic Healing Arts that positively impacts people’s lives!
The 100-Hour Hypnotherapy Program at Southwest Institute of Healing Arts includes Hypnotherapy Foundations Levels I, II and III. Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate of Excellence, and may begin a private practice! This program is also offered ONLINE! After successful completion of the 100 hours you will also be eligible for certification through National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapists (NATH) or American Board of Hypnotherapy (ABH).
Many of SWIHA’s Hypnotherapy Specialist graduates go on to sign up for the additional 200 hours of training in our Clinical Hypnotherapy 300-Hour Program (on-campus) and become nationally certified Hypnotherapists! This includes the full Hypnotherapy 100 Hour program with the addition of advanced techniques. Here you will study fears, phobias and addictions, past-life regression, script writing, subconscious intervention, life coaching foundations and more. You will also receive classes in entrepreneurial support and preparation for external certification through the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE).
Exploring the possibility even further… take this into SWIHA’s popular and powerful Mind Body Wellness Practitioner Diploma Program!
What Are the Benefits of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy?
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy has been proven effective in easing a wide variety of physical, emotional and psychological problems. Think of Hypnotherapy as a tool for bridging the gap between the body, mind and spirit. By using guided imagery and harnessing the power of the subconscious mind, powerful healing and transformation can take place. Some of the many reported benefits of Hypnotherapy include:
- Reduce physical symptoms such as pain and fatigue
- Control or overcome habits, addictions and cravings
- Quit smoking, lose weight, stop nail biting
- Deal with anger in a positive way
- Build self-confidence
- Improve attention, concentration and motivation
- Attract healthier people and relationships
- Realize life-long goals
- Program the mind to think in a more positive light
- Reduce and manage stress and anxiety
- Treat panic attacks and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Relieve debilitating fears and phobias
- And so much more…
The Career Outlook for Hypnotherapists is Getting Better Everyday!
More and more people are beginning to look outside the realm of traditional medicine, steering toward the path of holistic health care. The average person today is suffering from one or more chronic physical dis-eases and/or emotional imbalances. People seeking solutions to these problems may find prescription drugs either ineffective, full of unpleasant side effects, or downright dangerous. Therefore, the demand for more holistic health care modalities and practitioners is on the rise. For many of our graduates, Hypnotherapy proves to be a rewarding and profitable career!
YES – We Teach Hypnotherapy ONLINE!
Our entire Hypnotherapy 100-hour program IS available ONLINE! Featuring dedicated instructor guidance, instructional videos, and discussion forums, these amazing classes can now be taken from anywhere in the world. You may be thinking, “How can Hypnotherapy be taught online?” With today’s technology, the classroom can easily be brought to your living room.
Experience the Power of Hypnotherapy to Really “GET IT!”
Sometimes the best way to get a feel for what Hypnotherapy can do is to experience a session yourself. Book yourself a Complimentary session through SWIHA’s Specialty Clinics!
Why Choose SWIHA for Hypnotherapy Training?
Thanks to our very own award-winning Transpersonal Hypnotherapy teacher and director Linda Bennett, our training programs are second to none. Bennett heads the Hypnotherapy Program here at SWIHA, and is the Director of Online Curriculum for our award winning college! As a Life Coach, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Board Certified Hypnotherapy Instructor, she has over 20 years and thousands of hours of clinical experience along with over 30 years in the field of training and development. Through her work and teaching, Linda utilizes proven techniques, including therapeutic imagery, inner child work, regression therapy, Hypno-Kinesiology, various forms of energy work, including Reiki, flower essences, numerology and 12-step work. She has been a member of the International Association for Regression Research & Therapies, and is actively involved in Past-Life Regression and Spirit Releasement Therapy.
SWIHA is state licensed and nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) as a private college for holistic health care careers and continuing education. As a spirit-directed private college, we have a passion for supporting you as you follow your bliss and realize your dream!
Care and Mental Health
n behalf of SWIHA Success Center, we thought it would be nice to share some current statistics with you, just in case you are curious as to where you, or the industry you are interested in, currently stand!
- Personal care services – A small increase is expected due to an increasing number of dedicated massage clinics in the personal care services industry.
- Offices of chiropractors – A small increase is expected as massage therapy and bodywork are integrated into wellness treatments.
- Hotels (except casino), motels, and all other traveler accommodations – A small increase is expected as more hotels offer massage therapy services.
- Fitness and recreational sports centers – A small decrease is expected as fewer sports centers employ massage therapists.
- Offices of all other health practitioners – A small increase is expected as massage therapy and bodywork are integrated into wellness treatments.
Notice that the term “bodywork” is being used in addition to massage therapy!
Skin Care Specialist
- Personal care services – A moderate increase is expected as skin care establishments expand faster than the industry as a whole.
- Offices of physicians – A small increase is expected as more doctors, primarily those involved in cosmetic procedures, employ skin care specialists.
Please understand that we do NOT train “Counselors;” we provide solid ground in Hypnotherapy Training & Life Coaching Training as growing career paths.
Mental Health Counselors
- Outpatient mental health and substance abuse centers – A small increase is expected as these workers are preferred over more expensive psychologists.
- Residential mental retardation facilities – A very large increase is expected as these workers are preferred over more expensive psychologists.
- Offices of mental health practitioners (except physicians) – A moderate increase is expected as these workers are preferred over more expensive psychologists.
- Offices of physicians – A moderate increase is expected as these workers are preferred over more expensive psychologists.
- Services for the elderly and persons with disabilities – A small increase is expected as these workers are preferred over more expensive psychologists.
If you have any questions about any of this data, please feel free to call Southwest Institute of Healing Arts at (480)994-9244 FREE and ask for the Success Center. ~ Blessings
Are you ready to explore Weight Loss with a New Twist? According to recent statistics from the latest Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, over 63% of Americans were overweight or obese in 2009. The well-known combination of more sedentary lifestyles, and “fast food” meals have combined to create an epidemic of obesity and the health problems it encourages.
According to the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, being overweight greatly increases your risk for a wide variety of dire medical conditions, such as:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Abnormal Blood Fats
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- And even increase the risk for some types of cancer!